Saturday, July 9, 2011

From Dressers to Chairs!

The color of this dresser spoke to me so loud I couldn't shut it out! I kept revisting this picture cause there is just something I love about it. I'm not sure if it's that color green, the style or just the creators personal touch.  It lead as inspiration to visit a few chairs we had just received from my husbands family. 
http://knackstudios.blogspot.com/2011/02/introductions_21.html


Below are some pictures of the chairs from beginning to end. I was very impressed with how turned out and it gave me drive to keep going. A little paint goes a long way!
          The Chair as we first got it.

          Sanded by hand, finally!

Took off the black vinyl cover and replaced with a fun fabric from Joann's, good for indoors and outdoors.

        Painted with a white satin finish and the new seat attached!

I love this new chair, only 3 more to go! I cannot wait to get our back porch together and ready to enjoy!
Now if only I could come up with a way to shade our back porch from the setting sun...


No comments:

Post a Comment