Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sewing Machine?

I look around I see all these adorable crafts that look manageable and I think...if only I knew how to sew.  I've done a little bit of sewing between school and home where a friend of mine and I use to make boxer shorts, though they never fit quite right. So I thought, I can do this, with a little help of course. I know Joann's holds all kinds of classes so this weekend I went and signed up for a basic sewing class. My first class is Today from 6pm-8:30pm.  Below are a few of the pieces I've seen and loved. They are the reason I am getting off the sofa and behind the sewing machine!

This first piece, a clutch, is probably the most inspiring for me, I love the detail of the button and the fabric pattern inside!

       
These Curtains are GREAT! All of her stuff is very unique.

 These two bags I'm completely in love with. The top one's style and the thought that you might be able to adjust the length of the handle with snaps! LOVE IT!

The color and style are adorable! I don't normally like shoulder bags, but I'd defiantly sport this one!
How can you not love the idea of creating your own heating pillow with cherry pits!niftythriftythings.blogspot.com



So Lets see what I can DO!!
















2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I dove right into sewing on my own and figured it out, so the class should really help! I'm going to follow your blog to see the crafts you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! Hope all is well in Cali with your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete